Monday 14 July 2014

Internet Friendship is not all nebulous!

Image selected because I think its a better one than the actual.(NTTIAWwT)

My friend Allen
who I don't know him at all
our relationship is like a skit from
Kids in the hall crossed with the trailer park boys
because the biggest thing we got in common
is we are Canadiens who are not afraid
to do some shine

I know something about him
from his writing
it reveals his soul
and he has a great one
according to the ancient scrolls
Lets call him a mensch
and I can not spell check
that word at all

In today's currency that buys
you nothing on the street
but the street is where
the mobs live
and where failures go
because the system is so slow
every human ever born
is important
we should treasure them all
like jewels
not cattle to be slaughtered
when the rains do not arrive
Life is a struggle
teams no matter how seemingly hopeless
will survive like Artifacts in the reality distortion field
But leaders never see it that way
they think they are the answer
and any questions should be
addressed by blasting away

In the face of that bloodshed
demigods appear who could not
spell the word if given a history degree
these monsters exist
in our great ape DNA
Allen and I we see
the world as a place
with no room for
DNA monsters to play.

No matter high and mighty
you might be
never lose sight of the street
cause they will take or manufacture
any perceived advantage
to  rip the throat
out of your good soul

My friend Allen
is just like me
he has a peasant establishment
he loves the land
and his country
and his heritage errors corrected
he thinks the most fabulous
accomplishment is to make
the seed grow from sea to sea
regardless of ethnicity

Its hard to admit when you got a degree
there is some motherfucker smarter than me
maybe his mother was hotter
or he got tied up with a holy man
who disagreed.
If you believe in papers and study
and fulfilling all the tasks
then Allen is the man
if you have any questions
you should be the first to ask
has he ever lived
and the answer is
in a light we should all bask

If you think the Flintstones was a documentary
and that the world is flat
consult me

As I see it he is the hipster
and I am the cool guy
we are going to bike our way
to paradise
cause we both realize
that in the long run
driving a car
is just a suicide
that refuses to die.

I asked Allen one time?
are you Butch and do I qualify
to be Sundance
and he said
I will consult the books
to see if a knife fight
has rules and who is qualified
to preside over the times
when humans go full range

My friend Allen
we have never met
never broken bread
shared a drink
or something for your head
That's a friend we all need today
when its all digital bends
in a Kurt Vonnegut Jr straight line

6 comments:

  1. /wipes single tear

    I did not deserve, but big thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://twitter.com/almendelsohn/status/488756206182617088

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps your spelling of mensch is perfect! better than your normal spelling ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. 29 your way to kind, but thats why I wrote a song aboot you

    ReplyDelete
  5. To avoid any historical Contreras and to deprive anyone who wants to make a buck interpreting what I have said. The image is of someone named Allen who showed up on Google when a I sought an image for this post. Furthermore I consider the image almost as important as the text. I you see a post by me without an image it means I was to lazy to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For picking nits. http://yiddishdictionaryonline.com/

    ReplyDelete