Tuesday 24 December 2013

Letter 44 update


You can read issue one on line here. I just finished issue two. This is the first true graphic novel that I have read, or maybe its just me buying comic books for the first time in decades. My primary motivation was a little bit of speculative fun. A excellent copy of issue one Walking Dead goes for about $2000. Letter 44 is already selling for $15, and has already been optioned for TV. IMHO the premise is far more interesting than another dystopia. The President (read GWB) leaves a letter not written in crayon for his successor. He explains away all his bonehead moves with the threat from Aliens in the asteroid belt. I am Thinking Aboot buying at least the first ten issues, with enjoyment trumping profit as a motive.

No comments:

Post a Comment